Instructions for Xerox Equipment
- The Xerox devices across campus that are under contract through the Printing and Copy Services department have been replaced from September through December 2016. The new devices are all more energy-efficient multi-functional devices which will allow the campus community to
- Make copies in color or B&W. The machine will prompt you to enter an account number. Check with Printing and Copy Services if you are unsure which departmental account number you are authorized to use. Although not all of the devices will have color capabilities, there will be one color-capable device accessible in almost every building.
- Print in color or B&W. All of the devices will be networked which makes them available for printing. Printing to a multi-function device like these Xerox devices is generally less expensive than printing to a desktop laser printer. To print to one of the devices, you must download the Xerox print driver (ITS User Services or Printing and Mailing Services can assist you if necessary) and then set up the print preferences appropriately. Secure printing, delayed printing, stapling, color printing and other functionalities can be enabled by the user.
- Scan in color. Any device that is currently set up for scanning will retain its scanning functions. If there were not network “drop boxes” set up on the “old” device, a departmental drop box can be set up by contacting ITS by submitting a help desk ticket. Even if a device is not capable of printing or copying in color, it will still produce color scans.
- Fax. If your existing device is utilized as a fax machine, the new device will also be set up with faxing capabilities.
To further the College’s environmental sensitivity goals, the devices will default to double-sided B&W printing/copying. If a particular project requires some other format, users may override the defaults by adjusting their printing preferences.
Printing and Copy Services
13 Marquis Hall
730 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
(610) 330-5709 (fax)
Academic year hours:
8:15 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
8:15 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday